WHAT TO WRITE IN A SYMPATHY CARD
When someone passes away, you may want to write a sympathy card message for their family. This will show that you care, and that the person who has passed is in your thoughts. Whether you want to express your own feelings, share a fond memory or simply offer your support, knowing what to write on a funeral card isn’t always an easy task.
Even if you prefer to keep your funeral messages quite short, it will still come across as a warm and heartfelt gesture. We have listed some examples below to help you write your own sympathy card.
- We are so sorry for your loss
- Our family is keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers
- Thinking of you in these difficult times
- Our hearts go out to you and your family
- We want you to know that we are here for you if you need anything
- With heartfelt condolences
- Wishing you as much peace as possible during this difficult time
- Words cannot even begin to express our sorrow
- With deepest sympathy as you remember [name]
- Holding you close in my thoughts and hoping you are doing okay
WHAT TO WRITE ON FUNERAL FLOWERS
If you find yourself a little stuck for what to write on funeral flowers, don’t be afraid to keep it simple. Some of the best funeral flower messages are short and from the heart.
We have compiled a list of funeral flower message examples below which should give you some inspiration. Whatever you decide to write, the most important thing is that you have shown that you care.
SHORT FUNERAL FLOWER MESSAGES
- Gone but never forgotten
- You will be sorely missed
- Our thoughts go out to you
- In loving memory
- Rest in peace
- Always in my heart
- Treasured memories
- Forever in our thoughts
- May you rest in peace
- With love and fond memories
- Sorry for your loss
- With deepest sympathy
LONGER FUNERAL FLOWER MESSAGES
- Although we are far away, we will hold you close in our thoughts and in our hearts today and always
- You will be missed but never forgotten. You have captured a place in our hearts. Rest in peace
- May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead
- You brought joy, happiness and laughter to all who met you. You will be deeply missed by everyone
- When a person becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure
- Many friends come into our lives but only a few leave with their footprints on our hearts
- For the joy you gave and the precious memories which you left behind for me to cherish; take with you all my love
RELIGIOUS FUNERAL FLOWER MESSAGES
- Goodnight and God bless
- You are in our thoughts and prayers
- May you rest in peace in God’s heaven
- In God’s arms may you gently rest
- Wherever you are, God is
- May the Lord bless you and keep you in His care
- You changed my life in countless ways. Thank you for everything
WHAT TO WRITE ON FUNERAL FLOWERS FOR DAD OR MUM
- Mum/Dad, you gave me the best life. Rest peacefully
- You were the best mum/dad anyone could wish for. I love you and I miss you
- Love you mum/dad
- For a wonderful mum/dad, thank you for your endless love and kindness
WHAT TO WRITE ON FUNERAL FLOWERS FOR A SISTER OR BROTHER
- You were my strength in good times and bad. Thank you for everything
- Brother/Sister, you are loved dearly
- You were my best friend. I will miss you everyday
- Time and time again, you showed me how to live. Love you so much.
POPULAR VERSES FOR FUNERAL FLOWERS
- My friend you are a leaving. It’s time for you to go. Your friendship was a blessing and I will miss you so
- Death may leave a heartache no one can heal but love leaves a memory that no one can steal
- To me you were so special. Someone good and true. Never will I forget you; I thought the world of you
- Time may pass and fade away but memories of you will always stay
- Our hearts are filled with sadness and tears, but our memories are filled with smiles and laughter of the good times we shared over the years
- Dear is your memory, sweet is your name. Close to my heart, you will always remain
RELIGIOUS VERSES FOR FUNERAL FLOWERS
- God took you in his loving arms, He saw you needed rest. His garden must be beautiful, for He only takes the best
- In God’s care you rest above, in our hearts you rest with love
- God will link the broken chain, as one by one we meet again. In our hearts he will always stay, loved and remembered every day
- Ours is just a simple prayer, God bless and keep you in His care
THINGS TO AVOID WHEN WRITING BEREAVEMENT MESSAGES
There are many things you will want to avoid when writing funeral card messages. Whilst everyone feels different when they lose a loved one, it’s important that you don’t write anything that may upset or anger friends or family of the deceased.
When it comes to writing funeral messages, avoid phrases such as:
- It’s for the best
- I understand how you’re feeling
- They lived a full life
- Everything happens for a reason
- They are in a better place now
- You will see them again some day
Condolences Messages for Christian Prayers
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family.
- May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
- May the comfort of God help you during this difficult time.
Biblical Condolences Messages for Christian Prayers
- Isaiah 58:9 – Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 – Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way.
- John 3:16-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
Condolences Messages for Catholic Prayers
- May you rest in the arms of the Lord who formed you from the dust of the earth.
- May Christ who died for you admit you into his garden of paradise.
- May you see your Redeemer face to face, and enjoy the vision of God,
Condolences Messages for Buddhist/Taoist
- Death is a mirror in which the entire meaning of life is reflected.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- When a soul leaves this world in its present form to be reborn in another.
- My prayers are with you and family. Rest in peace.
- You are in our thoughts and prayers forever. Bless you.
Condolences Messages for Free Thinker
- Accept my deepest and heartfelt condolences.
- With Deepest Sympathies and Heartfelt Condolences
- Accept my warm and heartfelt sympathy.
- My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.
- Our memories together shall never be forgotten.
- We love you and are so proud of you. Rest in peace.
- You gave and received so much joy. Bless you.
- Time may pass and fade away but memories of you will always stay.
- Memories of you will become a treasure.